Gems and birthstones have a story beyond the sparkly, pretty things tag. They are believed to bestow positive energy to an individual. Jyotish Guru Master Deepak Ji explains that he suggests suitable gemstones according to the life condition of a person.
Since the past several years, these gems and birthstones have been supposed to hold special properties that provide healing effect, peace of mind, mood alterations and remedy for a broad spectrum of diseases.
Guru ji claims the stones to possess immense powers to change the life state of a person.
Take a glimpse at the birthstones that match your birth month and know more about the properties and benefits of these gems in your life….
Before you read further have a sneek peek at this birthstones infographic below.
- Most commonly found in bold red color, the birthstone applies to those born in the month of January.
- Garnet is named after the blood-red seeds in pomegranate fruit.
- Closely related to primordial fire, the gem helps drive all energy, passion and creativity towards manifestation.
- Provides protection against negative energies and act as natural purifier.
- Referred to as ‘stone of health’, it is considered to offer strength and physical wellness.
- A genre of Quartz mineral, the violet or purple colored gem is specific for February-month born people.
- A healing stone that can help attain peace, emotional protection and sobriety.
- Makes an individual gain higher spiritual awareness, while, at the same time keeping them grounded.
- It is considered as a cure for intoxication.
- Helps reduce stress and anxiety of the possessor.
- The gem for the March born people, derives its name from Latin word ‘aqua marina’, meaning water of the sea.
- It symbolizes safety and security.
- Believed to reawaken the lost love for those in long-term relationships.
- Imparts a sense of calmness and serenity to the wearer, in addition to courage and happiness.
- Acts as an element to nullify anxiety.
- Deriving its name from the Greek word ‘adamas’ meaning invincible, the stone is favorable for April born persons.
- A symbol of enduring love, relationships and spiritual stability
- Considered as the strongest and hardest gemstone.
- The most expensive diamond to date, The Cullinan, costed 400 million USD.
- An excellent source to enhance energy levels and to provide the wisdom for taking decisions.
- May birthstone Emerald, derives its name from the Greek word ‘smaragdus’ which means green.
- It is treated as a symbol of rebirth.
- Bearer believed to be bestowed with insight, patience, luck and youthfulness.
- Carries several healing properties, including, antidote to panic attacks, fertility issues and poison, cures fever and dysentery and many more.
- Commonly referred to as meditation stone.
- A symbol of calmness, purity, honesty and femininity, the gem is specific for people born in the month of June.
- Pearl is derived from a Latin word which signifies uniqueness. It is claimed that no two pearls are identical.
- Its healing properties are linked to treating digestive disorders and increasing the fertility and smooth childbirth.
- Keep it around to get in touch with your inner self.
- This incredibly versatile gem encourages openness and minimizes the impact of destructive behaviors.
- The gem equates to health, wisdom, wealth, strength, devotion, happiness and vitality.
- This powerful stone packed with fire is directly connected with the flow of energy in the body.
- This stone for the July borns holds ‘n’ number of healing properties, like healing blood infections, detoxification of the body,
- Helps boost energy levels and stamina
- Considered as a powerful aphrodisiac
- The gem equates to power, prosperity, growth, fame, protection, dignity, truth, loyalty, honesty and love.
- August birthstone is believed to be Cleopatra’s favourite gem.
- During ancient times, Greeks treated peridot as a symbol of dignity.
- For people of Hawaii, peridot is equivalent to Pele, their goddess of fire and volcanoes tears.
- It helps provide healing effect for ailments related to lungs, breast and sinus.
- The birthstone applies to those born in the month of September.
- Sapphires are available in various colors and each color has its own properties.
- Since the ancient times, the gem is praised for its beauty and durability.
- A symbol of calmness, intuition and positive energy, sapphire is considered to remove impurities and act as an antidepressant.
- It carries healing properties for rheumatism, colic and mental ailments.
- Derives its name from the latin word ‘opalus’ meaning precious stone.
- Considered as a lucky charm for October born people.
- Symbolizes creativity and inspiration.
- Helps you to rebound and advance in your way despite of the hurdles.
- Carries healing properties against eye infections, helps maintain a healthy heart etc.
- This emblem of friends and true lovers is the prized birthstone for November borns.
- It equates to loyalty, friendship, strength, happiness and spirituality.
- During the ancient time, Topaz was believed to reduce the impact of heat.
- The gem helps manage anger, strengthens the mind, prevents mental ailments and many more.
- Considered to realign meridians or energy points.
- The December birthstone is an ideal love charm
- The gem symbolizes prosperity, happiness, honesty, creativity, rebirth and success.
- Heals problems related to the teeth, lungs, throat and other infections.
- Considered to combine the energies of male and female.
- Builds an appreciation for nature.